BMW kicked off it’s Ultimate Driving Experience tour on January 4, 2019, in Washington DC. The tour is currently stopping in East Rutherford, NJ. For some reason, the marketing department forgot to send out the press release in time.
BMW is touring from coast to coast and there are 13 more stops all over the country. The Ultimate Driving Experience is truly a unique experience to get hands-on with BMW’s newest cars and technology. So far I was able to participate twice within the last few years and it’s always a great time.
What is the Ultimate Driving Experience?
During a stop, BMW will have multiple immersive events where customers can participate and get behind the wheels of a BMW. These immersive experiences are:
- Autocross: An exciting, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 330i Sports Sedan. Registered attendees will be paired with BMW’s professional driving instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights BMW technology and safety features and culminates in a pulse-pounding lap around the track.
- Street Drives: All registered consumers can participate in a self-guided test drive in a full range of BMW vehicles.
- Teen Driving School: Young drivers are given an introduction to basic driving theory and skills in this BMW Performance Center-derived program. The fully interactive course features both hands-on driving exercises in a BMW X2 Sports Activity Vehicle, and classroom education focusing on the consequences of distracted driving. Drivers who are 15-20 years old with a valid learner’s permit or driver’s license are eligible.
- Innovations Area: Registered consumers are invited to test the off-road capabilities of the BMW X7 Sports Activity Vehicle and are given an opportunity to interact with some of BMW’s newest Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, including Frontal Collision Warning, Backup Assistant, and Parking Assistant.
- M Car Control Clinic: Drivers get behind the wheel of a powerful BMW M2 or M4 for an adrenaline-filled day of advanced driving theory and individual instruction from-certified professional instructors from the BMW Performance Centers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance. The M Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750 per person.
This year there will be two versions of the Ultimate Driving Experience. The regular “Ultimate Driving Experience” and the “Ultimate Driving Experience on Tour”.
The Ultimate Driving Experience on Tour is a light version of the Ultimate Driving Experience and will feature the Autocross experience with the all-new, redesigned BMW 3 series, and a Street Drive experience with the BMW X7 Sports Activity Vehicle.
I don’t know why, but BMW’s Marketing didn’t do a good choice of words for the “light” version of the tour. Since the regular Ultimate Driving Experience makes already stops in different cities across the country, why would you call the light version “on Tour”. Both are “on tour”. In my opinion, an addition like “light” would be more fitting as “on tour”. Either way, you will have a ton of fun.
Below are the tour dates for this year.
Once you found the perfect date for you, when to participate, you need to register for the event. Registration will be open a few weeks before the event and will close during the event days. I highly recommend you to make advanced reservations. If registration for your selected town is not open yet, you can put yourself on the email list and will be notified once reservations open up.
Here are the websites, where you can register for the events and additional information:
Which one will you visit?
Peter has a passion for Traveling, Photography, and Geocaching. These are the best ingredients for amazing adventures all over the globe. “Traveling is fun, no matter if you stay in a luxury hotel or travel like a backpacker.” Peter shares his experiences on his Blog www.gatetoadventures.com
Some of Peter’s photos are published on corporate websites, in-flight magazines, travel guides, and much more.