A little while ago BMW kicked off its Ultimate Driving Experience Tour for 2015 in Atlanta, GA. The tour visits 10 cities for 9 days full of events in each city.
The tour will feature BMW’s latest models from the electric BMW i3 all the way to the powerful BMW M4. Overall there will be 90 BMW vehicles at the events.
Events are in
- New Jersey
- Washington DC
- Los Angeles
- New York
For the exact dates and locations visit the website. There is also the form to register for the events, which needs pre-registration.
At each stop of the tour you can sign up for different activities, for some its necessary to pre-register and others are first come first serve base. Here are the official descriptions of the different events.
- The Teen Driving School is a fully interactive, 2-hour teen driving course featuring the BMW X1 and 228i that will be offered at no cost. The Teen Driving School will provide an introduction to driving theory and improving driving skills through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during the Teen Driving School will be creating awareness about the consequences of distracted driving with special emphasis on texting while driving and how it affects not only teens – but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner’s permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
- Dynamic Drive Experiences are professionally guided demonstrations of the BMW 535i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe descent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces, and Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces;
- Street Drives that allow for 20-minute self-guided test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series, X Models and the all-electric BMW i3;
- Autocross, a 2-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 3 Series, 4 Series and X4, that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding laps around the track;
- Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of the powerful M4, M3 and M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750.
I am a big BMW fan and I used to live not far from their Headquarter and BMW World in Munich. My goal is to attend this events and I will report back my experience. I have driven many different BMW models already. They are my favorite brand if it comes to rental cars in Germany.
Anybody else interested in going?
Photo by BMW
Peter has a passion for Traveling, Photography, and Geocaching. These are the best ingredients for amazing adventures all over the globe. “Traveling is fun, no matter if you stay in a luxury hotel or travel like a backpacker.” Peter shares his experiences on his Blog www.gatetoadventures.com
Some of Peter’s photos are published on corporate websites, in-flight magazines, travel guides, and much more.