Are you planning a trip to New York City? Then you should grab a free city guide from Luxe for your destination New York. They are currently offering a free NYC City Guide worth $14.99.
LUXE City Guides Premium Features:
• 12 months of constant updates from LUXE resident curators and a trusted network of local contributors
• Easy-to-use mapped LUXE itineraries
• 100% offline access to all app content and features (except for sharing and updates)
• Offline map and directions – no roaming charges
• ‘Around Me’ and ‘Nearby Places’ features locate and display LUXE recommendations in the vicinity of your location
• Create a LUXE Profile to synchronize your guides across all devices
• Clickable websites and phone numbers
• Share feedback with LUXE and view other user comments
• A slew of handy extras including currency converter, weather forecast and option to add personal favorites
• iPad compatible display
The app is available for Android and iOS. Besides the free city guide for New York, there are 29 more guides available for purchase. The bundle deal with all city guides costs $99.
I haven’t been to New York yet but I will try this guide for sure when I go there. A big plus is the offline availability of the content. This helps you especially if you travel abroad. There is a big misconception regarding GPS. Some people think you need network service for GPS, but no you don’t. GPS will work basically everywhere in the world, even in the deepest jungle as long as you have a line of sight to the sky. That means it won’t work underground or other similar places. Other than that, there is no fee to use GPS, you don’t even need a SIM card in your phone to use the GPS module.
Peter has a passion for Traveling, Photography, and Geocaching. These are the best ingredients for amazing adventures all over the globe. “Traveling is fun, no matter if you stay in a luxury hotel or travel like a backpacker.” Peter shares his experiences on his Blog www.gatetoadventures.com
Some of Peter’s photos are published on corporate websites, in-flight magazines, travel guides, and much more.