This is especially interesting for myself as I am flying a lot on American Airlines and Hyatt is just my favorite hotel brand out there. Making me always feel welcome and at home.
What can we expect from this partnership?
World of Hyatt Elites
- While flying on American Airlines, World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist, and Globalist members will earn one World of Hyatt bonus point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American flights.
- You will continue to earn your regular miles with American Airlines as you are used to
American Airlines AAdvantege Elites
- AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey members will be able to earn one AAdvantage bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent at qualifying Hyatt properties.
- You will continue to earn your regular World of Hyatt points according to your elite level as you are used to.
- ConciergeKey Customers will get matched to World of Hyatt Globalist. Hyatt’s top-tier elite level
Both loyalty programs will offer limited time status challenges where you can take advantage of either your AAdvantage Elite level or your World of Hyatt elite level. Participants will be matched immediately and can enjoy their new benefits while the work to maintain their newly achieved status.
More ways to earn
You want to earn even more miles and points? There are a few more possibilities.
- Sign up for American Airlines BusinessExtra program
- Use a credit card for bonus points on travel purchases. For example, American Express gives you 5x points if you purchase flights directly with the airline.
I can’t wait for this new partnership to take off. An exact launch date hasn’t been set yet but I would assume we will be close to it around mid of the year. The status challenges are not really important for me, it’s more the extra points and miles I can collect while flying or sleeping. This partnership is similar to the one United and Marriott have.
Peter has a passion for Traveling, Photography, and Geocaching. These are the best ingredients for amazing adventures all over the globe. “Traveling is fun, no matter if you stay in a luxury hotel or travel like a backpacker.” Peter shares his experiences on his Blog www.gatetoadventures.com
Some of Peter’s photos are published on corporate websites, in-flight magazines, travel guides, and much more.