As of today, TripIt Pro users have an improved version of the COVID-19 Travel Guidance Feature available in their App. Make sure you update your app in your respective app store to have the featured enabled.
With this new improvement of the travel guidance feature, you can now search COVID-19 travel guidance without having a trip planned. All you need to do is tap on the Pro tab in the app.
There select your country or region to get the latest information and travel advisories. For some countries, you can narrow down the selection even further.
- For Australia, you can view guidance by state.
- For Canada, you can view guidance by province.
- For the United States, you can view guidance by state.
You will find the following information with this new feature
- Key information including infection rates, hotspots, and any quarantine or testing requirements for travelers entering the area.
- Requirements and restrictions currently in place, including mask requirements, curfew orders, and restrictions on dining and shopping.
- Travel guidelines issued for your destination, such as health documentation requirements, entry and exit rules, travel bans, and more.
- Information about available Tracing apps for the region/country can be found as well.
Overall this is a great feature and should be really helpful as people are more open to travel again. However, there is one disadvantage, you cant select specific counties or cities. Here in the United States some counties even impose different rules and regulations for travelers than the state itself.
This situation is unfortunate as this makes it even harder for travelers to adhere to local guidelines. I really appreciate what TripIt is doing here and this is for sure a great way and first step to plan future travel.
The same feature is available for free user accounts as well but not as convenient. If you are on a free user account you have to create a new trip within the app for the destination you want to research. You don’t actually have to add any itineraries to it. The trip itself is enough and it will show you a guidebook symbol that will give you the same travel guidance features. This feature is available to everyone (Free and Pro users) and was released in early February.
Stay safe everyone!
Peter has a passion for Traveling, Photography, and Geocaching. These are the best ingredients for amazing adventures all over the globe. “Traveling is fun, no matter if you stay in a luxury hotel or travel like a backpacker.” Peter shares his experiences on his Blog www.gatetoadventures.com
Some of Peter’s photos are published on corporate websites, in-flight magazines, travel guides, and much more.